RELEASOL IS SPECIALLY FORMULATED FOR MODIFIED POLYMER MATERIALS, AND PERFORMS EXCEPTIONALLY WELL ON ALL TYPES OF ASPHALTS, PROVIDING TRUE ADVANCEMENTS IN TERMS OF ECONOMY, USER-SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL INTEGRITY. RELEASOL SIMPLY PREVENTS THE ADHESION OF ASPHALT TO PAVING EQUIPMENT WITH NO HARM TO THE ASPHALT SURFACE, TO THE USER OR TO THE ENVIRONMENT.
ReleaSol works exceptionally well on polymer modified materials, such as Polymer, SMA, PMA, Smurf, Smack, Modified D-Mixes, Crumb Rubber, Permaflex and Fiber. And performs equally well when used with conventional hot mix.
BioSol ReleaSol is safe and simple to use and it’s unique film-forming ability protects all types of equipment used in road paving and construction. ReleaSol is non-streaking and poses no pooling danger to a finished asphalt surface. With its concentrated formula and very low evaporation ReleaSol goes further saving both time and money.
ReleaSol produces no hazardous fumes or hidden toxins, thereby reducing risks to the operator and improving worksite safety.
Features and Benefits:
- Creates a non-stick film for both polymer modified asphalts as well as conventional hot mix.
- No carcinogens or hidden toxins
- No aspiration hazard
- Non-flammable, non-corrosive
- No phosphates, acids or distillates
- No long term health effects
- Contains no VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds)
- No special protective gear required
- Safe alternative to hazardous chemicals
- Paving equipment, vehicles & machinery
- Asphalt spraying & mixing equipment
- Polymer, SMA, PMA, Smurf, Smack, Modified D-mixes, Crumb Rubber, Permaflex, Fiber, conventional asphalts
- Rollers, spreaders, dump trucks
- ReleaSol is used in a few different applications
- To spray on the rubber tires of the packing machines. These vehicles have a mixing tank and small sprayers over the tires to apply the product (or diesel like they used to do in the past) to prevent tires from sticking. It is very important to ensure there is no diesel or other petroleum based solvent in the mix tank prior to adding the Releasol or it will congeal.
- In sub-zero temperatures the Releasol is applied with a 1:1 dilution with water (we have used this in temperatures as low as -15ºC).
- In the early spring and late fall when the temperature is less than 20ºC, the product is diluted 3:1 with water.
- In the summer it is diluted 5:1 with water. Make sure the tires are completely wet by rolling them back and forth while spraying prior to rolling onto the mat. If the vehicle has done a long run and is going to stop and change direction, ensure the wheels are completely wetted again with the ReleaSol mixture prior to the stop to ensure the pavement doesn’t pick up on the tires.
- To spray on the boxes of haul trucks to prevent the asphalt from sticking to the trucks. Every time they go back for a new load the box should be resprayed. For this, it is recommended a Lafferty “Sprays-all” venture sprayer. In this application the Releasol is diluted from 3:1 to 8:1 with water. It will need to set up some scaffolding or an elevated platform to get above the box in order to spray it. It can be applied as a foam.
- To spray on the steel drums of the big packers. Releasol is mixed 100:1 with water and sprayed on the drums with sprayers that are already on the equipment.
Product Line Summary:
· ReleaSol · ReleaSol f · ReleaSol p · ReleaSol c
ReleaSol: for paving industry to keep asphalt from sticking to rubber tire rollers. Developed to replace the use of diesel in these applications. In many jurisdictions the use of diesel is prohibited. Diesel will actually cause the pavement to break down when it forms puddles on the road or in the truck beds resulting in pot holes in the road in time as well as causing the rubber tires on the rollers to break apart. Releasol will not degrade the rubber tires or negatively impact the asphalt. In its application form (4:1 dilution) it is cheaper per Liter than diesel.
ReleSol c: contains a bit of chelant for use with hard water. When using hard water for dilution, the hardness will cause some of the components to drop out and plug the dispensers. Same dilution rates as ReleaSol
ReleaSol f: contains a foaming agent that allows the product to be foamed onto the boxes of the trucks to give a visible indication.
ReleaSol p: is a stronger formulation designed to handle high polymer asphalts. These types of asphalt are becoming more and more common on highways and heavy traffic roads. Testing in our lab indicates the dilution rate should be about 2x what standard ReleaSol is. It does not stick to the high polymer asphalts at these dilution rates while ReleaSol will.